How to use the hydraulic hose correctly to extend the service life?
The service life of hydraulic hoses depends on the environment and process in which they are used. It is necessary to periodically check the hose components in use for leaks, kinks, external blistering, abrasions, abrasions or other damage. Once the component is damaged or worn, it must be replaced immediately.
The following measures can be used to extend the life of the component:
1. Installation of hydraulic hose assembly: The hydraulic hose assembly should be installed in accordance with the installation standards of the hydraulic hose to ensure proper use of the hydraulic hose assembly.
2. Working pressure: The pressure of the hydraulic system should not exceed the rated working pressure of the hose. Stresses or peaks above the rated working pressure are extremely destructive and must be taken into account when selecting the hose.
3. Minimum burst pressure: The burst pressures mentioned in the catalogue are limited to destructive tests and are intended to determine the safety factor of the design.
4. Fluid compatibility: Hydraulic hose assemblies (inner, outer, reinforcement and hose fittings) must be compatible with fluids. Proper hoses must be used because the chemical properties of phosphate and petroleum-based hydraulic fluids are completely different. Many hoses are suitable for one or more fluids, but not for all types of fluids.
5. Temperature range: Do not exceed the recommended extreme temperature conditions (both internal and external) with hoses. If the hydraulic fluid used contains emulsions or solutions, please refer to the relevant technical data. Regardless of the temperature range of the hose, the maximum temperature recommended by the fluid manufacturer must not be exceeded.
6. Hydraulic hose size: The hydraulic hose size (diameter) must be able to handle the required flow rate. If the diameter is too small at a specific flow rate, it will cause excessive fluid pressure and heat, resulting in damage to the inner layer.
7. Minimum Bending Radius: Hydraulic hoses cannot be bent to less than the recommended minimum bend radius, nor can the hose withstand tensile or torque forces, which can subject the reinforcement to excessive stress and greatly reduce its resistance. The hose is under pressure
8. Application of hydraulic hoses: Select the appropriate hose for your application. Oiling (Orientflex SAE R4), special fluid or high temperature performance is a special application that requires special considerations, using special hoses
9. Length of hose: Determine the correct length of hydraulic hose, taking into account pressure, machine vibration and motion, and hose assembly wiring length.
10. Hose Arrangement: Hydraulic hoses should be restrained, protected or guided (use pipe clamps if necessary) to minimize excessive flexing, chattering or dangerous rings that can be broken by contact or corrosion with moving parts. Determine the proper length of the hose and the form of the joint to prevent wear and to avoid contact with sharp objects and distortion, thereby preventing joint leakage.