PVC / PU Helix Duct Hose Difference
PVC Helix Duct Hose is a transparent plastic hose reinforced with a rigid plastic skeleton produced by PVC material. PU Helix Duct Hose is a full plastic pipe produced by polyurethane PU material. From the appearance, many customers Can’t be distinguished.
So what is the difference between these two types of hoses reinforced by rigid plastic skeletons and what are their uses?
Common characteristics of PVC Helix Duct Hose and PU Helix Duct Hose:
1. The production process of two kinds of plastic hoses is the same, both of which are made of a rigid skeleton extruder and co-extruded with a soft tube wall extruder;
2. Both hoses have the same appearance and structure, both of which are wound by a spiral skeleton.
How does PVC Helix Duct Hose differ from PU Helix Duct Hose?
Since the two pipes have the same structure and the same production process, if they cannot be distinguished from the outside, they can only start with the material. The materials used to produce this type of hose are divided into PVC and PU. The hardness of soft PVC materials is generally 70A Left and right materials, and the soft PU material is made of 85A material, so from the perspective of feel, PU plastic hose is harder than PVC plastic hose. Of course, to distinguish more accurately, you can start from many aspects, for example: the pipes produced by PVC materials will smell different, but PU materials will not smell at all.
How to choose the right Helix Duct Hose?
In fact, the easiest way to choose which kind of plastic reinforced hose to use is to choose according to the purpose. Before understanding the purpose, we first understand the characteristics of these two kinds of plastic reinforced hoses:
1. PVC Helix Duct Hose has better acid and alkali resistance than PU Helix Duct Hose.
2. PU Helix Duct Hose has higher abrasion resistance than PVC Helix Duct Hose, which is more suitable for transporting dry materials such as dust particles that have wear requirements; especially suitable for abrasive solids such as dust, powder, fibers, and debris And granules; for gaseous and liquid media, industrial dust removal and suction, industrial vacuum cleaners, paper or fabric fiber suction, as anti-wear protection tubes.
3. PU Helix Duct Hose can withstand temperatures of about -20 ° C to + 90 ° C, and can reach +120 ° C for a short time. PVC Helix Duct Hose can withstand temperatures of about -5 ° C to 80 ° C.