The difference between food and medical silicone hose
Food grade silicone hoses and medical silicone hoses require a relevant medical food testing certificate. Since they can all come into direct contact with the human body, they are very strict in terms of production safety.
The first is the conceptual difference.
Food-grade silicone hose: imported silicone raw materials, scientific production process, the use of intermittent production of glue, gas-phase glue with high tear resistance and high transparency, composite rubber ultra-high and low hardness, with functional mixing and other characteristics of glue, the product has a wide range of adaptability. Compared with the traditional vulcanization process, silicone hoses and silicone profiles have the advantages of high transparency, tastelessness, non-yellowing, non-frost, etc., especially to solve the problem of black rubber hose flowering and blue product fade.
Medical silicone hose: the use of imported silicone material, the minimum internal diameter of 0.4 mm, through the biocompatibility test, the response to human tissue is very small, value into human tissue will not cause foreign reaction, surrounding tissue will not occur inflammation, hose can be placed in the human body for 20 days without abnormal reaction. The life of the peristaltic pump silicone tube can be used continuously for more than 175 hours. As a result, it has become increasingly widely used in medical and health care.
Food grade silicone hose features:
1. Food grade silicone is a non-toxic tasteless, transparent high environmentally friendly silicone;
2. Soft, elastic, no kinks;
3. Not cracking, long service life, cold and high temperature;
4. With high tear strength and excellent electrical performance;
5. Keep yellow at room temperature, do not spray frost, do not vomit white, do not fade, do not leave water for a long time, no odor.
Features of medical silicone hoses:
1. Medical silicone hose, cold and high temperature, weak acid and alkali, harmless, non-toxic tasteless;
2. High transparency, high elasticity and strong UV resistance;
3. Bend-resistant, non-deformation, soft, arc-resistant, corona-resistant, chemical stability, physiological inertness, non-toxic, non-irritating, hydrophobic, breathable, excellent resilience, permanent deformation, etc. Used at temperatures ranging from 50 to 250 degrees C, the special requirements for accessibility, excellent insulation, can be sterilized with ethylene oxide at high temperatures.
4. In line with the food and drug testing standards, room temperature at long-term non-yellowing, no frost, no whitening, no fading, no water.
In short, most of the characteristics of food grade silicone tubes and medical silicone tubes are the same.