The Correct Use of Fire Hose
Fire hoses are hoses used to transport flame-resistant liquids such as high-pressure water or foam. So how many people know about the use of fire hoses? Today, fire hose manufacturers will talk about the use of fire hoses and techniques.
1. Open the fire hydrant door and take out the fire hose and water gun.
2. Check whether the fire hoses and joints are good. If they are damaged, it is strictly forbidden to use them.
3. Lay a fire hose in the direction of the fire to avoid twisting.
4. Connect the fire hose near the end of the fire hydrant to the fire hydrant. When connecting, insert the connection buckle into the chute accurately and tighten it clockwise.
5. Connect the other end of the fire hose to the water gun (the connection procedure is the same as the hydrant connection).
6. After the connection is completed, at least two people should hold the water gun tightly and aim at the fire (do not treat people, to prevent high-pressure water from hurting people).
7. Slowly open the hydrant valve to the maximum and extinguish the fire at the root of the fire.
8. Fire hose connection. When the fire hose is put on the fire hose interface, it must be covered with a layer of soft protective material and then fastened with galvanized iron wire or hose clamp.
9. When using fire hoses, the high-pressure resistant fire hoses should be connected near the water pump. After being filled with water, the fire hoses should be prevented from being twisted or suddenly bent, and the fire hose connections should be prevented from being damaged.
10. When laying fire hoses, avoid sharp objects and various oils. When laying fire hoses vertically to a high place, use fire hose hooks. When laying fire hoses through traffic corridors, put on fire protection. Water hose protection bridge. When passing the railway, the fire hose should pass under the track to prevent the fire hose from being crushed by the wheels and intermittent water supply.
11. In the severe winter season, when the water supply needs to be suspended on the fire site, in order to prevent the fire hose from freezing, the pump needs to run slowly to keep the water output small.
12. After the fire hose is used, it must be cleaned. For the fire hose that transports foam, it must be carefully washed to protect the rubber layer. In order to remove the grease on the fire hose, it can be washed with warm water or soap. For the frozen fire hose, it should be melted first, and then the fire hose should be cleaned and dried.