You may find there is static when mixing rubber. It’s a common thing because static is exist in every places and no matter what the season is. Static may cause serious fire and threat to production safety. It may hurt human as well.
What causes static?
Normally we think the friction between rubber material and cylinder is the most important reason. Because friction cause static.
How to prevent the harm caused by static is a common question for the rubber industry. Here we OrientFlex give you some suggestions.
- Pay attention to the preserve moisture in dry weather, especially in winter.
- Take care the equipment grounding. Make sure the double rollers connect to one ground wire
- The static is related to the operator’s cloth like clothes and shoes. So don’t wear chemical fibre clothes and insulation shoes because they have static themselves.
- The static is related to operator’s constitution. When doing rubber mixing work, make your hands a little wet and don’t too dry.
- Touch the roller with a cutting knife frequently and don’t touch it with your hand. This can protect operator from being harmed by static.
- If feed rubber material artificially, it should be slow and light. Never use insulation material as the cover.
- You can install static elimination facility on the rubber mixing equipment.
- When there is dangers of fire and explosion, you must wear anti-static uniform and shoes.
We OrientFlex is a professional supplier of hoses like PVC hose, rubber hose, industrial hose, hydraulic hose, silicone hose, layflat hose and pneumatic hose. Besides, we provide relevant products like crimping machine, fittings and conveyor belt. We always focus on your success and offer you the best solution. We aim to achieve win-win with our client and benefit each other. Contact us and get more information.