Why will the transparent and bright clear silicone tubing bought back slowly turns yellow after using for a period of time? Can it continue to be used? This is a problem that consumers often encounter in daily life. The several reasons are as follows:
1. The amount of platinum – catalyst is too much or platinum – catalyst is not qualified.
2. Silicone rubber hydroxyl content is too much, high temperature aging.
3. Silicone rubber contains xylene and other foreign bodies.
4. The presence of sulfur or sulfur carrier in the environment.
5. Process: The mold temperature is too high and the curing time is too long.
6. Curing agent: Ordinary curing agent is applied to some dark color or color requirements are not high non-exposed silicone products; Anti – yellow vulcanizing agent is applied to need to be exposed, the color is lighter and brighter, and the color requirements of higher products. Clear silicone tubing should not add too much internal release agent and zinc stearate. It can also cause yellowing if the iron content is too high.
Whether the clear silicone tubing turns yellow when using depends on the operation of manufacturers in the production of products is correct. Of course, whether yellow tubes can continue to use or need to change depends on whether the products use purposes and requirements conform to. So, in order to produce the high quality clear silicone tubing, it must be professional and qualified vendors to ensure the quality of the products.