High pressure steam hose is a common material in industry. However, you should make sure the specs because any wrong spec will cause failure.
Before using a high pressure steam hose, make sure these information as follow:
1. What is the actual pressure of the steam and if the steam pipe can reach the working pressure.
2. What is the temp of the steam? Saturated steam high-humidity steam or dry high-temp steam?
3. What is the expected frequency of use?
4. What are the external conditions of the hose?
5. Confirm if there is any spillage of corrosive chemical or oil. Because contact with these will damage the outer rubber of the flexible steam hose pipe.
Correctly install and store the steam pipe
1. Equipped with professional steam pipe joints. Install the pipe clamp outside the pipe and you can adjust the tightness as need.
2. Install the connector according to the instruction. Then check the tightness of the joints based on the purpose of each pipe.
3. Do not excessively bend the pipe near the joint.
4. When not in use, use reasonable methods to store the rubber tubes.
5. Place it on a shelf or pallet can reduce the damage to the pipes in storage.
Some problems may occur on the EPDM steam hose
1. The outer protective layer is blistered or bulged.
2. The outer layer of the pipe is cut and the strength layer is exposed.
3. There is air leakage at the joint or on the pipe body.
4. A decrease in air flow indicates that the tube is expanding.
If any abnormal signs mentioned above appear, replace the steam tube in time.
Precautions for safe operation:
1. Operators must wear safety protective clothing like gloves, rubber boots, long protective clothing and eye protection. Because these can prevent burns from steam or hot water.
2. Ensure that the work area is safe and orderly.
3. When not in use, closing the pressure can extend the service life of the pipe.