Steam hose is a necessary material for food process. For example, we need it to transfer distilled water and high temp steam in wine. Because it just serves in industry, you may not know it too much. Next let me introduce you how to choose and maintain it.
Choose a proper steam hose
Before purchase the hose, you should confirm the steam pressure and temp. Because over high pressure and temp will reduce the lifespan. Worse more, it may cause leakage or even burst. Besides, the medium type is matter. For example, high wet steam and dry steam requires different hose.
Work condition is also important. You should confirm if there was any oil or corrosive chemicals around the hose. After these confirmed, you can choose a proper one that fits you well.
Steam hose install and store
1. There was special joint for such hose. Besides, you can tighten or release it on the demand. But the joint should not be to loose. Because that will cause leakage.
2. Don’t over bend the hose that near the joint
3. After use, store the hose is a dry place with good ventilation. Never hang it on a hook or a nail. Because they may hurt the hose. In addition, store it in a shelf or pallet is much more better.
Steam hose maintain
After use for a period, you need to check the hose if it can still work safely. If there was any problem, repair it or change a new one at once. While you should focus on these questions:
1. The hose soaks into the water or there is bubble on the surface.
2. Cover is cut and the reinforce bares
3. Leakage on the joint or on the hose
4. Hose was pressed to flat or it twists
5. The hose is expanding